lovemustbesincere

Someone asked the Teacher, "Which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 1. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." 2. "Love your neighbor as yourself." 3. "A new command I give you: Love one another." I'm still learning how to love...

Monday, March 06, 2006

Intent vs. Impact

I tucked my daughter into bed last night; she was fighting back tears. She was crying out of frustration and hurt. She was frustrated because she felt her pastor had let her down. She was hurt because she had not received encouragement or praise from him - only criticism and negative reinforcement. He had acknowledged his shortcoming a few hours before, and had apologized - but that had been lost in a pool of emotions.

The pastor, btw, is responding to God's call in his life to plant a new church in a nearby community. This call has been affirmed by our own Sr. Pastor, leadership, and community. I'm afraid that the pastor has mentally, emotionally, and spiritually "checked out" from our community. I'm pretty sure this is so; I've seen evidence of this being played out with my children.

My concern is for those in our community, our children - my children, that are still looking to this man for shepherding, pastoring, and leadership. I pray for discipline and focus in the coming months as this transition continues; I pray that there will be a balance between waht is being left behind and that which lays ahead. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home